Back to the topic, there are other things that I dislike or that bother me about Japan, but many are too personal to be mentioned, or linked to my own experience only. There are also things that I dislike because of my personality or sensibility, and which I understand that not all normal people might dislike (many don't even notice). For instance, I dislike the fact that Japanese language uses so many words from English even when words in Japanese exist to express the same thing (e.g. ドア vs 扉). I also dislike Japanese humour, and dislike the way they go "oooohh" and "eeeehh" on TV or elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch Baka
pff I am getting annoyed by a lot of foreigners who keep complaining about certain things...
Then don't read the complaints. My opinion is that one must have a honest and truthful view of things in life, which includes a balanced view of the good and the bad. I dislike people who are blinded by their passion and only see everything in pink (the Japan lovers) or in black (the Japan haters). I see myself as balanced, and I feel that the more good is written on this forum about Japan, the more bad has to be written to counter-balance, and vice versa.

This thread was originally intended as a balance to the polls Greatest Japanese contributions to the world and What are your interests for Japan ?, which I also started.