Quote Originally Posted by Maciamo
People with tatooes in Japan are usually yakuza. Forbidding foreigners is equal to saying that foreigners are as bad/dangerous as yakuza. I understand perfectly what you mean.
Is this my English? or Are you just trying to ignore my point? I think You totally don't understand what I mean... You don't even try to understand which makes me feel a little sorry.

I am sure most landlords don't have more problems with (Japanese-speaking) Westerners than with Japanese. I went to some big real etate agencies with my wife, and they said frankly that most landlords didn't want to rent apartments to foreigners, even Westerners with a stable job and married to a Japanese, and even with as several Japanese guarantors. However, most Japanese landlords have never rent anything to foreigners (or at least Westerners). In English, this s called prejudice (=unjust behaviour formed on a preconceived opinion not based on actual facts or experience).
That's terrible situation you had to face with. I'm so sorry to hear these things actually happen to many foreign people in my country. I sincerely hope things like this will improve better way and non-Japanese people would be able to spend more pleasant time here.

Gee, I am acting like Maciamo-san's stalker here! Sorry Maciamo-san.

Have a good night!