"obesity is not a form of being superficial or shallow. It's main cause is poverty."
i live in america, i sit down at restaurants and see other people eat way more than they should even in one of the richest areas in the world (dc-metro) and the people here really do love their food. but yes i don't think it's something shallow or superficial rather something that's perfectly legitimate and cultured, but if "japanese people" talk more about food than anyone else then im guessing that's coming from the perspective of someone who hangs around people who dont stop snarfing down burgers long enough to take a breath of air (much less talk about anything at all).
Maciamo himself talked more about food in his posts than any other gaijin I've witnessed here. The listed reasons are so exaggerated ("All they talk about is food" Using words like "oishii" 40-50 times a day) or have been outright invalidated and his bias/perspective/agenda, however you prefer to refer to it, so petulant and childish I can't believe it still has this many serious discussants...