Wa-pedia Home > Japan Forum & Europe Forum

Thread: Ainu recognised as indigenous people of Japan

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by caster51 View Post
    Yayoi are not only sino-korean.
    Ainu is the Japanese isolated origin as a Jomon
    Strange that the video is flipped horizontally, and that she was playing a sanshin and singing in Okinawan. I had to look up Rimi Natsukawa to see that she's an Okinawan folksinger. It'd be nice if you explained why you decided to put up the video, other than to have an Okinawan say "Oh we look like Ainu!"

anyway
    "Ainu is recognised as indigenous people of Japan " makes more discrimination matters
    nobody knows who ainu is in mainland
    my ancester might be an ainu
    I understand Japan should value Ainu culture and tradition more. or Japan should make a resevation for ainu?
    Ainu isn't a displaced minority (anymore), there aren't enough left to rationalize a reservation. That aside, reservations themselves are a pretty terrible solution to an indigenous minority; American history can attest to that.

only ainu is indigenous people of Japan?
    it is not.. how about jomon ppi
    I think it is revers discrimination. it gives ainu many privileges
    the view from Yamato imperial, Kamakura samurais were emishi ppl. that is . Azuma ebishu(^ڈ)
    suntory's kumaso scandal
    http://nonjatta.blogspot.com/2007/04...so-effect.html
    http://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/%E6%9D%...99%BA%E8%A8%80
    Without getting into the various contributors to the modern Japanese gene pool, I think the point is that Ainu have now officially been recognized as one of the original indigenous peoples of Japan; this hardly affords them special treatment, especially since the tribe has been mostly diffused into the general population. I'm not sure what reverse discrimination you're talking about. I think the main point here is that the Ainu are officially recognized. All this really calls for is for the fact to be taught to children, and maybe preserve some of that ancient knowledge and culture for future generations, through cultural centers like the Mahoron Museum in Fukushima ( which I've been lucky enough to experience myself: http://www.mahoron.fks.ed.jp/ )

I think the world should accept the Japanese is recognised as indigenous people of far east.

Typical Japanese homeless
    If you watch the Japanese carefuly, you can see the 5 parson in 10ppls look like an ainu
    If the Japanese doesn't shave the beard, the half of them looks like Ainu
    Knd of a disparaging comparison between the Ainu and the homeless. Maybe the homeless are the true indigenous people of Japan?

Strange that the video is flipped horizontally, and that she was playing a sanshin and singing in Okinawan. I had to look up Rimi Natsukawa to see that she's an Okinawan folksinger. It'd be nice if you explained why you decided to put up the video, other than to have an Okinawan say "Oh we look like Ainu!"
    okinawan can insist it as sama as Ainu because of D2.
    As a result, a lot of camouflaged Ainus showed up.
    because it is so difficult to distinguish from Ainu
    アイヌ民族 認定基準を厳格化 

2009年06月27日

■道方針、協会に指導

道は26日の道議会予算特別委員会で、アイヌ民族の人たちの認定を厳格化する方向で検討する方針を示した 。現在の戸籍ができる以前の「改製原戸籍」で確認することなどを検討している。北海道ウタリ協会(現・北海 道アイヌ協会)の羅臼支部の会員数が不自然な形で急激な増減をしたことに批判が集まったためだ。また、大学 修学のための学費貸与額のほとんどが減免されていたことについても、今後は返還を前提とした制度を設ける考 えを示した。

ウタリ協会羅臼支部では96年に会員数が2人だったのが翌年は208人に急増。02年には一転して74人 に減少していた。道の調査では、当時の支部長が組織力を高めるため、家族全員を会員としていたという。また 、「アイヌの人以外の人も会員になっていたようだという証言も得た」とした。大学進学のための学費貸与制度 で、07年度で約千人、計約25億円の貸与額のほとんどが減免され、返済額は160万円にとど まっている
    it is good to accept ainu is an indigenous people of Japan.

What is the indigenous people' protection as a purpose in its charter?

先住民族の自決権と、それに伴う政治的地位を決定し、自由に経済的、社会的、文化的発展を追求する権利、強 制的な同化や文化の破壊にさらされない権利、自分たちの土地から立ち退きを強いられない権利などを含みます 。ほかにも、伝統的に所有、占有などをしていた土地や資源に対する権利を認め、自由でかつ情報に基づく事前 の同意なしに収用、占有などされた場合には、原状回復や公正な補償を得る権利をも規定していま す
    先住民族」については、現在のところ、国際的に確立した定義がなく、宣言においても、「先住民族」の定義に ついての記述はないことから、我が国として宣言にいう「先住民族」に該当する民族がどの民族を指すのかにつ いて、お答えすることは困難である
    today there is no pure ainu even in hokkaido
    Why is only the Ainu culture protected?
    Why is not a regional culture protected?
    Why do you distinguish native people though it is the same Japanese?
    Japanese's various cultures also are disappearing if it is said the culture......

and it is same problem as Gaijin word problem.
    Last edited by caster51; Sep 18, 2009 at 00:29.