Wa-pedia Home > Japan Forum & Europe Forum

View Poll Results: Read the situation explained below and vote.

Voters
31. You may not vote on this poll
  • I run away (this guy might be dangerous)

2 6.45%
  • I don't do anything (better stay out of other people's business)

4 12.90%
  • I start shouting "Police ! Police ! Stop the thief !"

10 32.26%
  • I step in front of the thief and tell or gesture him to stop

1 3.23%
  • I feign indifference, then trip him with my foot as he passes by

12 38.71%
  • I feign indifference, then extend my arm to his neck when he gets near to knock him down

8 25.81%
  • I get ready and punch him in the face

6 19.35%
  • I take the gun I always carry on me and shoot him between the eyes (I hate thieves)

4 12.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: What would you do if a bag-snatcher ran toward you ?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Seems like I am in minority here: By being a talker/shouter instead of punching and kickboxing....But I am not a "chicken" since I do act by shouting!!!

I jump to conclusions mad pierrot's Avatar

I'd run towards him and snatch his bag.

uh...wait! No! That doesn't sound right...erm.....

I meant to say, I'd knock his arse out, take his wallet, and run away giggling.

On a completely unrelated note, you'll never guess what I found in Umeda today; a basket of WINE! (Unopened.) No joke. Just sitting there on the street corner of a busy intersection, and no one was touching it!
    Wtf? I was going to take it to koban, but decided to leave it there in the event of thirsty bum. Happy days.

Quote Originally Posted by mad pierrot
    On a completely unrelated note, you'll never guess what I found in Umeda today; a basket of WINE! (Unopened.) No joke. Just sitting there on the street corner of a busy intersection, and no one was touching it!
    Wtf? I was going to take it to koban, but decided to leave it there in the event of thirsty bum. Happy days.
    Oh! You have a good heart M.Pierrot!!! It reminds me that when I with friends were going out and we had 6-pack with us walking down Grand Central Station here in Copenhagen, we saw this homeless begging for money to buy beer (he had a sign saying: want money to buy beer) - and my former coursemate was struck by the honesty of the sign that he took a can of beer and handed it to him.... The homeless person was very glad!!!

Quote Originally Posted by mAD pIERROT
    I'd run towards him and snatch his bag.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------
    uh...wait! No! That doesn't sound right...erm.....

I meant to say, I'd knock his arse out, take his wallet, and run away giggling.
    This is so typical of you, Mad Pierrot, however...
    I was thinking of robbing him not only of his bad, but what else he's got before the snatching, say his wallet of the Japanese male-purse.
    After stripping him of all his clothes except the bare essential last, and tying him up with clothes-stringing in the manner of SM, I'd make him give up all his personal belongings, take a hundred mug shots of semi-nudity for posting all over the WWW, I would go through all his personal belongings, register them in a police report list as evidence, and request a national lost-and-found survey to see if any of those were stolen also. And then I would proceed to psychologically torture him for a confession of all dishonest behaviour, whether he has ever spat out profanity or participated in any right-wing political rally on one of those black buses, raise a wooden cross, and hang him high for public ridicule for 3 days and 3 nights non-stop, and take him down only on condition that he will willingly do public service such as cleaning the public bathrooms or catch 10 other snatchers before he can go free... naw, that too easy. First I will brand him on the forhead and buttocks with the words in kanji, "stupid bag snatcher of womens' hand bags." He would have to report to the forum penitentiary weekly to show evidence that he has been a good boy for the rest of his life, or else, "whack !!*

I shall remind him that Mad Pierrot also has murderous thoughts about thieves who doesn't live too far away from him. Of course he can take to the sea and drown himself to escape Justice, but the sharks will get him eventually. Hahahahaha...

I found in Umeda today; a basket of WINE! (Unopened.) No joke. Just sitting there on the street corner of a busy intersection, and no one was touching it!
    You did good to leave it there; there might have been deadly poison in it; there have been random poisoning of drinks left in public, haven't there ?
    Last edited by lexico; Nov 1, 2005 at 01:01.

Quote Originally Posted by lexico
    You did good to leave it there; there might have been deady poison in it; there have been random poisoning of drinks left in public, haven't there ?
    Then it would have been one hell of a drunk evening for the poor bum....

He would drink himself to death...literally
    ~ Parempi hullu kuin tylsä - Better crazy than boring ~
    http://www.fin-style.be/blog -> My Blog about Finland and other random thingies.

Quote Originally Posted by Miss_apollo7
    Seems like I am in minority here: By being a talker/shouter instead of punching and kickboxing....But I am not a "chicken" since I do act by shouting!!!
    That's quite right for a young lady to do, Miss apollo7!

On a completely unrelated note, you'll never guess what I found in Umeda today; a basket of WINE! (Unopened.) No joke. Just sitting there on the street corner of a busy intersection, and no one was touching it! Wtf? I was going to take it to koban, but decided to leave it there in the event of thirsty bum. Happy days.
    I think people didn't touch it because of the recent cases of poison-laced stuff lying on the ground or on benches, making homeless people, dogs and cats ill or killing them...
    At least, I wouldn't...

As for the purse-snatching attempts I wrote about on another thread, I was attacked in lonely streets. Those punks make sure they find obasans walking or riding their mama-charis with no one around.

Well, I am only a little girly person, so I wouldn't be bodily tackling any burly thieves anytime soon. I would just shout "Help! Police! Stop, thief!" like a damsel in distress.
    "A man can live and be healthy without killing animals for food; therefore, if he eats meat, he participates in taking animal life
    merely for the sake of his appetite. And to act so is immoral." - Leo Tolstoy

Currently playing: Agarest on PS3
    Currently reading: The Devil Rides Out by Dennis Wheatley