Racism is always a tricky issue.
I've always considered myself very open-minded regarding this subject.
I often had arguments with my family when I was younger - occasionally relating to my choice of girlfriends.
However, I've recently had my beliefs thrown into question.
As a maker of electronic music, I was sent an invitation to enter my music into a competition - but closer inspection revealed the competion was not open to white people (like myself) - only African, Chinese, South American etc.
To me this is an afront to what music is about,especially electronic stuff which is universal,and often faceless.
Techno happened because of black and white (and gay & straight) musical ideas coming together. Black producers got into Kraftwerk etc...and since then there has been a continual multi-cultural exchange.
There are UK-based Drum + Bass musicians that are Chinese (Nookie)and Japanese(Seiji) not to mention those all those all over the world. e.g Brazil has a massive Drum & Bass scene
I don't understand why the organisers of this competition feel minorities are under-represented enough to exclude white people from it,in their own country.

Listen to me, now I am saying things like "..in my own country..." this treatment has caused me to become defensive and feel excluded...it is fuelling the fires of racism.
Multi-culturalism INCLUDES white people. Sorry to rant but this issue has made me rather angry!...Acid love and Techno respect to everyone, Rich x...Jah Bless!